Whidbey Island....an Isle of the Sea

September 28, 2015

Week of 9/21-9/27

How the heck is it already Monday again? Time is the weirdest concept as a missionary. You never get used to it. Well, Sister Bell and I had a great week!
Just a brief summary of this past week:
We were able to do lots of service. We had the opportunity to help some of the ill members of our congregation, help out in the community, and do spiritual service for everyone else. We had great lessons with some of our recent converts and less actives- Kristina, the Hellands, Iola, Zaven, the Lewis Family, and Lexie, etc. We were able to meet with both our Ward Mission Leader and our Bishop (miracle) to talk about member missionary work. WE CAN'T FORGET ABOUT ALL THE TRACTING!!!!!!!!! And of course, the General Women's Broadcast was just wonderful. I loved Elder Uchtdorf's parable (especially about the stalker cat- I can relate, people here love their cats and I am starting to as well. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?) Oh, we can't forget about church and partaking of the sacrament.
 
General Women's Broadcast
"We cannot play with Satan's fiery darts and not be burned."
"You can escape by accepting the Atonement" I love this because we cannot rescue ourselves, we need a rescuer- Christ.
"God is our friend"
"Spring in our step" I have GOT to remember this when we are tracting door 207.
And my favorite of all. "Dear child, now is part of eternity." We cannot wait until a certain day or time to be happy. Choose to be happy now. BE WHERE YOU ARE. Don't waste your day waiting for tomorrow.
A cute mom got up and bore her testimony yesterday about her son serving a mission. It was great to hear her perspective and to hear her put all her trust in the Lord. This is where my testimony stems from today.  This week I have come to enjoy trials of our faith. I have loved knocking on hundreds of doors where people are not happy to see us, I have loved getting the door slammed in our faces.  I have loved sweating in the blazing sun and freezing in the pouring rain.  I have loved being homesick, being physically ill, and feeling spiritually separated from God.  I don't love it because it is easy or fun to overcome but I love it because in those moments I have learned to rely on Christ alone. All my strength, all the hope I have, and the comfort I need is given to me by the love and mercy of my Savior, Jesus Christ. I have learned the importance of prayer, the importance of faith, the importance of positive attitudes, and the importance of relying on the spirit. I know that I am in my Heavenly Father’s care. Heavenly Father has a plan for each of his children.   

I found mine in the scriptures this week:
2 Nephi 10:20-21
"...but we have been led to a better land, for the Lord has made the sea our path, and we are upon an isle of the sea. But great are the promises of the Lord unto them who are upon the isles of the sea..."
I came across this scripture in my personal study on Saturday. I love how this relates to Sister Bell and I on South Whidbey Island. We have been called on a mission, set apart as missionaries, and assigned to a specific area. There is no doubt in my mind that I am where I am supposed to be. I know that eternal, lasting happiness can only be found through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that God's church has been restored to the Earth. I know that it blesses individuals, families, and those who have gone on before us. I know that we are led and guided by a modern day prophet and as we abide by his words we will not go astray. I know that as we feast upon the words of Christ our hearts and minds will be enlightened with truth. I LOVE THE GOSPEL!
That's my testimony this week! I love you all and I am so grateful for the love, support, prayers, thoughts, etc that you bless me with. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
 
Love, Sister Rodda

No comments:

Post a Comment