Faith

February 2, 2015
This week has been amazing, duh! Every week is amazing out here. We did a lot of tracting this week which makes the days a little long but hey, it's already Monday again. How does that happen???? Sister Wawro and I make tracting fun though. This week we met a slug named Homie and he was so slimy and cool. We put him on our bikes and rode around with him all day. We let him go that night. But don't worry, he wasn't our pet or anything because that is against the missionary handbook.

This week we went on exchanges with the sister training leaders and I always get so nervous before but there is no reason to be. I went to a young single adults ward and it covered like 4 cities so I saw a ton of Washington. It was also a really spiritual day and we had some amazing lessons to some of their investigators. We tracted into a crazy drunk who let us in and she literally had so many pets it was a zoo. She had this bearded dragon (I think is what it was called) and I held it. It started crawling up my neck and I got just a little freaked so I “gently” tossed it to the lady across the room.

Sister Wawro and I also met a missionary this week who is serving a mission to convert Mormon missionaries. Long story short it was an hour long bash of him asking questions and us testifying. He was cool. He wore a short sleeve shirt that had a picture of a lizard on it that said "I Guana Be Like Jesus" over a long sleeve green thermal shirt. He had khakis on that were pulled up to his belly button and sandals. It was cute. He could probably win Americas Next Top Model or something serious like that.

We also had a really spiritual lesson with B, our recent convert. He has spent 25 of his 43 years in prison and just got baptized in November. If the atonement can work for him then it can work for all of us. PS: I saw Sister Wawro cry again. Life complete.

A is still on date for February 14th and she has been coming to church so hopefully we will see her in white soon!!! We love her!

The most important thing I learned this week is that faith is crazy. I had been struggling a little bit with faith. Everyone I talked to had this huge testimony and knew so much about the gospel and I'm like, "what the heck am I doing here on a mission. I know jack-diddly squat." but... in my personal study this week I read Alma 32 and it is all about faith. In verse 21 it says, "faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things." and I was like well I have only heard that 50,000 times before. But then I read verse 27, "and exercise a particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you..."  I really liked reading this because life is hard and sometimes we might not think we know everything or have a strong testimony or can do this or that but if we have just a particle of faith and exercise it or if we only have a desire than we are planting that seed of faith. The seed will grow and become plant, then a tree, then it will have roots, and then fruit, and then we can feast on the fruit and share it with everyone.Wwe don't need to know everything but we can faith and trust in God, his time, and his way.

So yeah, quite a swell week. I wish you all the best from the northwest.

xoxo
Sister Rodda

1. Faith is nothing more than a desire
2. Charity is the pure love of Christ
3. Throwing lizards leads to rejection of the gospel in homes


No comments:

Post a Comment