Alone


March 30, 2015
Well hello y'all. First thing is first... I am in Mount Vernon. So yes, I am alive and no, I am not lost.  This has been a little bit of a really stressful week.

Last Monday Sister Covington got her results back that she did in fact have mono again. It was hard for the next few days to get up by myself and exercise and do studies alone. I really just wanted to go back to bed because she was sleeping but hey, I did it anyways. Yes, I am bragging a little. I was able to go on exchanges on Wednesday so I could actually go out and work. Once Sister Covington found out she was going home I started to get a little homesick so I was kinda missing home this week but it's okay. I was so busy I didn't have time to think about it. I did see a really cool painting this week in a member’s home. It was called, "Come Follow Me" by Liz Lemon Swindle and it was really comforting. I really liked it. Before my mission, I would have found 0% pleasure in a painting.
 
So here is what happened. I had to clean the whole apartment on Thursday from top to bottom as well as pack for myself and help Sister Covington because she didn't have a lot of energy. Luckily the sister training leaders (who are my new companions- Sister Kennedy and Sister Wilkins) came and helped for a little bit. We had to be in Millcreek at 7:30 AM on Friday. I went to bed at 10:30 Thursday night and got up at 5 AM.  Yes, I am more tired than a regular already tired missionary. But all is well in Zion, folks.

C came to church for all three hours on Sunday which is perfect because her baptism is next week. Her baptism will be great but it is kind of a crazy time for it. I mean I am the only missionary really doing her baptism and it is the day after transfers next week. Life is a little hectic but if it wasn't hectic I would be more scared. I was able to teach Young Women's in the new ward yesterday as well as mission prep! So yeah... that's life.

Oh yeah, this week we were late to the women’s broadcast.  So mom, can you print those talks off and send them to me? Send them to the mission office and they will forward it to wherever I am.

Hope you all have an amazing Easter and general conference weekend!
Sister Rodda

No comments:

Post a Comment