Success vs Failure

April 13, 2015
HELLLOOOO FAMILY! I love you so so so so so so much. This week has been pretty amazing that's for sure. I was going to go day by day but I'm thinking I need to just cut to the chase as fast as I can. C WAS BAPTIZED THIS WEEK! It was so amazing. She was baptized Wednesday night because she wanted all the youth to be there so we figured mutual night was best! At first I didn't think it was a good idea because all the youth were kinda... youth-ie. Like rowdy and not very reverent. But as soon as she was in the baptismal font the spirit was immediately there. I probably would be lying if I said I didn't BAWL through the whole thing. After she was baptized she was changing and Sister De Arman (my new comp- I will talk about her in a second. I can't get ahead of myself here) went into the bathroom and C ran up to us saying, "I know it. I know that feeling that everyone is talking about! I can feel it! I know the church is true!" She just kept saying it over and over and that's when I realized the most profound thing that has ever been put in my head.... WITH ONE SUCCESS A THOUSAND FAILURES ARE FORGOTTEN. Hearts can be changed by acts of love and kindness. That was one of the most amazing experiences I have had on a mission. And it isn't just the stat of getting to put a one next to baptism and confirmation but the ability you have as a missionary to see someone change. Watching one person change is worth a year and a half of door slams! PS: we did get some of those this week. Bless my trainee’s heart in her first week - slam on, shut on, slam. So now about my companion. Her name is Sister De Arman. I don't expect to know how to pronounce it because I am still trying to get it down. Hopefully it will just roll off my tongue by the end of the 12 weeks that we will be together. She is from West Valley, UT. UTAH REPRESENT! And she likes crafty things. So yep, she is making me a hippo stuffed animal. It's gonna be super cuteeeeeeeeee. And she is awesome. I love her. We get along really well and I am just praying and hoping that I can get her mission off to a good start. My goodness, if I didn't have the Lord on my side this whole training thing could have been a trainwreck. But all is well in Zion. I got a new car. 2015 corolla. It had a grand total of 15 miles on it when I got it. lol. It is really nice.

This week we did a lot of tracting and it was really fun.  I don't mind tracting at all. I am starting to become not quite as awkward, but still high on the awkward scale that's for sure. I love being able to share my testimony with everyone and that's why I love being a missionary.

In my personal studies this week I thought of an analogy of how our testimonies are like a candle flame. If we nurture it and use it well we can create a whole forest fire. But if we let a little wind or a little anything get to it, then it will just be put out. So my goal this week is to bear my testimony to every single person I come in contact with about simple truths of the gospel. Thanks for everythingggggg pals! I love and miss you all! xoxoxoxoxo


Love, sister rodda

No comments:

Post a Comment