Treasures

April 20, 2015
How is life back home?! Mission life is the best life. I literally cannot believe yesterday was 5 months since I left home. I tried not to think about it all day because it made me a little sad inside. Missions literally fly by. I didn't believe anyone when they said that but now I do... :( This week was great. We had two really long, all day meetings this week. I love receiving instruction from President and Sister Bonham as well as other leaders. I love to be taught not just to teach. But speaking of teaching we were able to have lots of good lessons this week. Some with investigators and some with less actives. We also did a lot of tracting this week and we found lots of really solid potentials. This upcoming week we are GOING TO get lots of new investigators we just aren't sure who they are yet... but they will show up!
On the down side of things... One of our recent converts (who just finished chemotherapy- and was doing extremely well) just found out that her cancer just spread. EVERYWHERE. kidneys, lungs, spine, thyroid... and they gave her a year to live. So now we are on plan "GET TO THE TEMPLE ASAP".  They are amazing people and they have really positive attitudes.
This week I heard a hymn (# 229)
"Today seek the treasure better than gold,
the peace and the joy that are found in the fold.
today week the gems that shine in the heart;
while here we labor, choose the better part."
When I was singing this it made me think of the scripture in Luke 12:34
"For where your treasure is there will be your heart also."
I love that because where we spend our most time, what we think about most, and what we truly treasure is what and who will we become. This week in church we talked a lot about willing hearts. If we have a willing heart our hearts can change. We can either gain/improve in some aspects or in other aspects our desires can go away. For example, I loved soccer. Soccer was my treasure (just in case someone didn't already know) but as I had a change of heart, I was able to focus on things that probably mattered a little bit more like prayer, scripture study, helping others... and that's why I am on a mission. As I had a change of heart and as I found my treasure (AKA the gospel) my desires for worldly things slowly went away. Soccer wasn't as important, neither was shoes, or stuff like that. Okay not all the desires went completely away but they definitely died down. Our progress stops when we have no desire.
Welp that's what I learned this week. lol
Hope all is well! Love and miss you all! xoxoxoxo

Love, sister rodda.

No comments:

Post a Comment