Run For Cover

August 31, 2015



The wind has been INSANE. The power was out on the south part of the island all of Saturday and some of Sunday.  People still don't have power. Luckily ours came on in the middle of the night.We got home at 9:00 after running home in the pouring rain. We were soaked. There was no light. And we only had one flashlight.  It was greeattttttt. Much sarcasm. But it was a good one for the journal. 

We have also been doing a lot of service. It has been nice because the work is kinda slow right now on the island. We taught a CUTE young family this week. Mom, dad, and two little boys (3 and 2). They are PERFECT. Not investigators yet because we want to make sure they are committed but they are so cute. They have been together for 10 years but they haven't found God until the last year when he became sober. So they are awesome and just so sweet.  Sister Bell is doing great! I love her work ethic and her desire to be the best missionary ever. I am like 100% sure that I learn more from her than she learns from me! I love her!

That's about all for this week. Not really sure what else to include. OH YEAH. we went to Boeing today. Like the coolest place EVER. You can fit all of Disneyland and the parking lots inside of it. Disneyland is still better but Boeing was cool. I have quite the interest in airplanes. Not the interest in working on them but the interest in riding in them. 

Welp, for real this is nice.  That is all! I love you all and wish you the bestestestest. xoxo

Sister Rodda
Keep reading for Sis Bell's version of Saturday's experience.  I guess Rachel didn't want us to worry too much! 
SATURDAY: it was super windy. Like our crazy wind, but with trees everywhere, which means that tree branches were everywhere. We were walking up to a house and the next door neighbors tree branch fell and it scared us....our road was shut down because of a fallen tree, but of course we didn't know that until we were already 10 minutes down the we had to take a 15 mminute detour. Quite fun. The power also was out. We had one flashlight. Luckily we found some matches and were able to light the stove for dinner. And we needed to visit a LA down the road from us, so we walked. It was rainy and super dark....and the LA had moved. As we were walking back a car drove past us and then stopped. and just sat there. Sister Rodda said she started repenting of everything she had ever done. We past the car and it just stayed there and once we got around the bend we ran for it. We lived :) It was an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment