Meltdown

October 26, 2015
Dearest Family,

I, Rachel, having been born of goodly parents, therefore I was taught somewhat in all the learning of my father (and mother); and having seen many afflictions in the course of my days, nevertheless, having tried to be highly favored of the Lord in all my days; yea, having had a great knowledge of the goodness and the mysteries of God, therefore I make a record of my proceedings in my days.  (last week's "ponderizing" scripture was 1 Nephi 1:1)

We had a great week filled with miracles and lessons! We were able to teach lots of less actives and recent converts this week. I love the faith of less actives and ironically enough they seem to do the most missionary work.  I went to Lake Stevens for a day (on exchanges) and was able to teach a few other lessons there. One of the greatest lessons we had this week was with a returning less active member. He has been coming pretty consistently and this week we felt inspired to teach him about priesthood and auxiliaries. Our member present showed up and something to share. Instead of asking what he wanted to share I just said yes... then the whole lesson I was worried about why I said yes so easily and thought the lesson might get off topic. However, it worked perfectly. And we even answered a question this less active had without knowing his question. Next week he will be saying a prayer in a sacrament. That's huge for someone who was less active for 20+ years.

This week I had my first meltdown. I am pretty impressed I made it just shy of a year to have my first. I think it's a quarter-life crisis. The whole "turning 20" thing has really changed me. I am old. I don't like it. And ew. It's just going to get worse every year.

Sister Mahoni, Sister Jackson, Sister Bell, and I all had a "meeting" this week to discuss working with members. I asked Heavenly Father to show me my weaknesses and BOY, DID I SEE THEM. I have really failed to use my members effectively. I think my biggest problem was I didn't even know HOW to use them. We brainstormed a lot of great ideas and we have started to implement them already. They were going to come to the Island this week but it didn't work for us so we told them not to worry about it. But today Elder Egan (our district leader) told us he is coming over on Thursday. I think they are just coming to work in our area to help us. Whatever revelation they received, we are ready to see more miracles!

We had 5 less actives show up at church as well as ONE (lame that only one came) recent convert and a former investigator. It was a great week!

All my love from WA to everywhere else,

Sister Rodda.

No comments:

Post a Comment