Pray...but not for patience!

May 23, 2016
Welp folks of planet Earth - another week bites the dust.
This week is a titch of a blurrrr. We had two interviews with president. Which was quite extremely helpful on so many levels. I sure love that man. I would say that I was called to President and Sister Bonham, not Washington Everett. We were asked to give instruction at a meeting this week and it went surprisingly very well. :) I hit my 18 month mark... I only know that because people like to keep me informed of big landmarks throughout my life. We went on exchanges this week with some of the sisters we are serving. AND GUESS WHO I WAS WITH?! The one and only Sister Bell. I love her so much. It was good to work together, talk together, and get caught up on life together. She really has changed and improved so much since she first came out and was my companion. She is definitely a friend for life. Maria just signed a lease with her boyfriend for another 6 months so it looks like the baptism won't be until after that. :( We are still seeing her but we probably won't see her as much as we usually do. Jodi Berg is 22 days smoke free and is doing AWESOME. Unfortunately her date got pushed back a couple weeks due to church attendance, but that is okay! We went over the baptismal interview questions with her and she is solid! Love her! Oh, so it looks like I am going to need a trip back up here soon so I can go to her baptism (hint hint Momma J and  Poppa Husky). Sister Barletta had an investigator get baptized from a previous area so we attended that on Saturday! We also went down to Seattle for a doctor visit... and Sis. B had a counseling appointment.
SOOOOOO THAT WAS MY WEEK IN A NUTSHELL... OR AN EMAIL.

I think my biggest advice this week is: don't pray for patience. but also, that Heavenly Father really does hear our prayers. I know that he answers them according to his will and timing. It is up to us to align our will with his. If we do so, we will experience much joy in this life. The Church is true. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. We have prophet on the Earth today who leads and guides us so we can return to live with Heavenly Father and our families for eternity. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. There is nothing that he has not felt or already overcome. I know that as we turn our lives over to the Gospel we will be blessed immensely.
Love, your favorite sister missionary whether you admit it or not,
Sister Rodda 


No comments:

Post a Comment