No Regrets

May 9, 2016

WELL FIRST OF ALL HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE BEAUTIFUL MOM'S OUT THERE. Especially Momma J. I love you!
It was so great to talk to my family yesterday. It is amazing to me that you can be so far away from someone physically but you are still family and still have relationships. I love the Rodda clan. I will keep them. ;)
This week was interesting. There were some things we needed to do that took us away from our missionary efforts but we were still able to experience miracles. We had stopped seeing J-B (the doctor that smokes) for about 2 weeks. She was keeping her commitments and coming to church but she couldn't really progress until she stopped smoking so we were giving her some time. She randomly texted us on Wednesday and said, "Sisters, I just wanted to let you know I have been smoke free for three days!" I have been here for six months and finally she has beat it. She is now a week smoke free and she put herself on date for the 1st of June! I am so happy for her and so proud of her!
We also had lots of opportunities to serve this week! We did a “just-serve” project and did some trail building. We just cut back plants and made the trail wider. It was fun to be outside with lots of members of the ward and lots of fellow missionaries.
We had our first exchange this week and it went well. I love the sisters we are serving. I learn so much from them. Unfortunately we had to exchange back sooner than planned because of some things but we are going to go on another exchange with them!
We had Mission Leader Council this week as well as District Meeting. They were both great and I was able to learn a lot this week.
The thought I want to share this week isn't even my thought... it came from my dad in a recent email. He said, "Stand firm in the knowledge that if you choose to do right, the Lord will make it right. You may not know the results of your actions for months, years, or maybe you will never know. But if you are obedient and follow the rules you will NEVER have regrets." I know that Heavenly Father asks us to do hard things so that we can choose the "harder right" like President Thomas S. Monson said. 
I love you all! XOXO
Sister Rodda


No comments:

Post a Comment