Practice It!

March 2, 2015
This week has been crazyyyy. First full week without my good old trainer Sister Wawro.  I miss her stinkin’ guts but surprisingly I think I am doing pretty well.  I know the area a lot better than I thought I did.  Sister Covington and I are really good at teaching with each other.  We got a new investigator this week and we are hoping to get his whole family.  Mya was supposed to come to church... but didn't.  Ya know, that's just mission life.  Canceling 2 minutes before. You never expect it but it always comes. lol.  I am working really hard. I can see my testimony growing and it is insane. I bore my testimony yesterday in sacrament and all the sudden I shared a story I never planned to so I will share it you:

I was really into soccer back home and my dad was always on my case about not practicing. He always said, "every day you don't practice you lose 15% of your skill."  It's true.  Every day we don't exercise our faith or read our scriptures or say our prayers, we lose that 15% of spirit, guidance, help and strength.  Everyone came up to me afterwards and loved that part of my testimony BECAUSE IT IS RELATABLE.   But I know now why I never had motivation to practice soccer... just so I could share this experience with others and motivate them to pray, read, and exercise faith.   LOL, okay maybe that isn't exactly all the reason I didn't practice as much as I should have but it is a good excuse.  But FYI:  every morning when we exercise I juggle and do drills with the soccer ball.  I think I am better now than ever before. Hahahahaha.

I am really grateful for the gospel and for prayers. I know that prayers are real and, boy, does Heavenly Father answer them!  When you pray for patience, he definitely gives you some experiences to make you patient. 

That is all for this week. I love you and I miss you all. Hope all is well.
xoxo

sister rodda.


No comments:

Post a Comment