Changes...again

June 8, 2015
Hi EVERYONE!

GUESS WHAT?! I AM NOT LYING WHEN I SAY THIS WEEK WAS GREAT! Yes, the beginning was not all that fun. My trainee, Sister De Arman, went home early due to some health challenges. And it was difficult with Sister De Arman leaving and trying to make all those small changes. BUT, Sister Westover (my new companion), and I are doing really well. She is from Highland, UT, but she has lived in a lot of places INCLUDING CHINA. Talk about cool! She is also in training so I will be finishing her training until she leaves for Taiwan on the 23rd. She is learning Chinese so we have 4 hours of studies everyday. personal, companionship, training, and language. We usually get out of the house around 1 when we have lunch in there too. haha. We are working hard, FINDING people, and we are making the most of our time and our resources. I think we have found most of our success and most of our people by using our planning time effectively. I came up with an idea (okay, it wasn't my idea, it was inspiration) for weekly planning. Everyday we plan a service activity, a finding activity, and we would set a goal for how many people we would contact each day. Well I don't think it is ironic that we are doing that as a mission now. It has been really successful. Sister Westover and I have used the Book of Mormon in contacts and it was great. It can definitely be improved but that is why we have studies and role plays. I am so happy to be out and working.

We had exchanges this week. I think I beat the record of working with 3 different companions in a week, but it was great. I used to hate exchanges. The concept of spending the night with a stranger was not pleasing for me. But it was great!  We were able to combine ideas and think of ways that we can better ourselves and the mission. It was great and we had lots of fun. One of her goals was to do the splits before she goes home next transfer so our work out in the AM was SPLIT workouts. I am a little sore. That's all.

It is amazing how much can change when you are prepared. When you are prepared to teach, you are blessed with people to teach. When you are prepared to do something, you can accomplish it. What is the scout's motto? Be prepared? That's ironic, NOT. Sister Westover and I found two REALLY SOLID investigators this week. They are siblings. Mark and Valarie. They just lit up when we talked about Joseph Smith and almost immediately new it was true. We are teaching them again soon!

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY and seeing the Gospel bless people's lives. I am grateful for scriptures. I can never study them enough. I love prayer and when you are finally able to recognize an answer. And the knowledge I have that I am a daughter of God finding my lost brothers and sisters.

I got to say my first prayer in sacrament meeting yesterday so that was cool! 

I JUST LOVE BEING ABLE TO WORK, WORK, WORK AND I AM GRATEFUL FOR A PRETRAINED TRAINEE WHO KNOWS HER STUFF AND WANTS TO WORK TOO!

LOVE YOU ALL. HAVE A MOST SPECTACULAR WEEK!

Love,
Sister Rodda


PS: since we can't have pets we decided to get a pet plant (i think that is legal). Their names are Shadrach, Meshach,  Abed-nego and... DAVE! They are pretty cool plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment