If the Savior Stood Beside Me...

July 27, 2015
Well hello family&friends.

This week has been WONDERFULLLLLLLLLL (as always). On Monday we got to do a lot of touristy things - which was great! We went to Fort Casey and also on a beautiful hike at Ebey’s Landing. Thank goodness for awesome ward members to take us! We also did a lot of tracting this week. I really don't mind it though which is nice. Otherwise the days would feel like a million years long. We had quite a few lessons with investigators, less actives, and recent converts. We actually got one of our less actives to come to church for the first time in 20 years. He stayed for all 3 hours. We also had to teach the Gospel Principles class on Sunday... that was a real treat. We went on exchanges with some sisters I am serving over and it was great. I actually stayed in the area and I had to do it all by myself. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I also WAS volunteered to sing in sacrament by Sister Perkinson in a few weeks with her. I might die. PLEASE PRAY FOR ME AND THE EARS THAT ARE IN THE BUILDING. not kidding.

Now here is the thing that really needs prayers. We are teaching a couple that are Pentecostals and they have gotten into a lot of anti so our lessons are more like clarifying doctrine.  His dad is actually the preacher out here on the island.  We wanted to do a lesson tonight (Monday) but it's their family night... well guess who got invited to family night with all the extended Pentecostal family members? We did. Guess who agreed to going... we did.  This is gonna be interesting.

Well I hope you all have a great week. I love and miss each of you.

I know the church that Christ established is restored on the earth today. I know we have the priesthood authority on the earth today so we can perform saving ordinances that lead us back to our Father in heaven. I know that we have modern day revelation and the Holy Ghost to guide and direct us.

The song we are singing in sacrament is "If the Savior Stood Beside Me" and it has really changed my outlook on the things I do, say, and think. I would invite each of you to listen to the words and ponder the things that are shared. But don't just think and ponder them... ACT ON THEM.  We are people called to action, not objects being acted upon.


Love, Sister Rodda



No comments:

Post a Comment