Sister Bell

August 17, 2015


Family! I am doing great! BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY MY NEW COMPANION IS DOING GREAT! Her name is Sister Julie Bell from Blackfoot, Idaho.  She is younger than me - FINALLY SOMEONE YOUNGER! And she used to play soccer so yeah, we get along. This week was great. I was in Bellingham until Tuesday. picked up Sister Bell around 5 on Tuesday and then traveled home. The ferry traffic and travel time takes forever. Wednesday we had zone meeting. and Thursday-Saturday was a lot of finding! We tracted in the pouring rain for a few hours! It rocked. I always feel like a missionary when I am tracting in the pouring rain, soaking wet, and everyone says no and slams the door. Those literally are the best days. But it would be nice if someone said yes every once in a while or at least offered us hot chocolate or anything really...

We both had to speak in sacrament. I spoke on service and Sister Bell spoke on charity and love. They were both great. I wasn't nervous at all until my sweet companion started bearing her testimony. Then I got sick inside. I think singing in church last week was so nerve racking that I can literally do anything now. Good thing I got that over with!

Mission life is great! Doing a lot of finding which is nice because I love tracting! My companion is ready to work hard and I have been able to learn so much from her! Recent converts are doing well and the less actives we are working with have been coming to church! I love being a missionary. Sad that I have only 9 months left but ready to make the most out of it!

Thanks for all your love and support! You are all greatly appreciated! I LOVE YOU!

SISTER RODDA

No comments:

Post a Comment