Leap Day 2016

February 29, 2016

ACTUALLY TODAY IS FEBRUARY 29TH AND IT IS ONE OF THE 8 EXTRA DAYS I GET ON MY MISSION. IT IS A BLESSED DAY FOLKS.

Well we are officially starting week 6 of the transfer... huh? I literally do not know where time goes. If I had one request for God, only one, it would be: more time in the day. Personally I don't think it is too greedy to ask for that. Life moves all too quickly.
Sister Washburn and I are doing well. I LOVE HER. She is a friend for eternity. We have no room for bickering or back biting, "for all time and talents and interests are centered on the work of the ministry. Work, work, work- there is no satisfactory substitute, especially in missionary work."
I have been amazed at this area in which we are serving. It has completely changed in the seemingly short few months I have been assigned to serve here. The growth and progress of the members, investigators, and ourselves as missionaries has been rapid. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is truly hastening in this area.

SOOOO... Adolfo was baptized this week! We are so proud of him for making this big change in his life and truly following in the Savior's footsteps. He was baptized on Saturday, was confirmed a member of the church on Sunday, AND also received the Priesthood on Sunday. His cute mom was beaming the entire day. She couldn't be more proud of her two sons (her other son was baptized back in November) and I could just see a small glimpse of how proud our Father in Heaven is for Adolfo. The ward is really excited as well. Before Reymundo's baptism back in November the ward did not have a baptism for a couple years. They are full of fellowship and support!
Maria, Domlina, and Jodi are still on date and on track for baptism. There are a few jumps and hurdles in the way- law of chastity and word of wisdom issues, but with the help of the Lord, I know they will make it. This week we started a stop smoking program with Jodi. It is designed to help you become a nonsmoker in 7 days. We have a different member assigned to call her each day of the week to offer support and encouragement. Unfortunately, Domlina will be moving but we will get missionaries in contact with her and she will still progress! That is all that matters. :) Maria is as solid as can be- she just needs to get married or move out! She is looking at moving out the end of March!
We found two new investigators this week: Bob and Nancy Keithley. They are in their 80s and are super cute! They always have some sort of treat for us when we get there and they want to take us out to dinner this upcoming week. They are extremely devoted to their church but they (mostly Bob) knows the church is true and wants to be baptized by immersion. Bob and Nancy are basically Mormon they just don't know it.

The greatest opportunity (in my opinion) that Heavenly Father has given his children is the ability to change. Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ we can repent and realign ourselves to the will of the Lord. We have tools and resources such as scriptures and General Authorities which allow us to gain greater knowledge. We have been given prayer which allows us to literally communicate with the Father in which we receive personal revelation. We are given chance after chance to grow, progress, and change. Serving a mission is a place where that rapidly happens. I have seen my companions grow SO MUCH. I have seen myself transform in indescribable ways. I know I am not the same Rodda I was when I left back in November 2014 and it has been the greatest thing in my life. And more importantly FOR my life. The Gospel of Jesus Christ truly is a miracle and we have the ability to be a part of it. It's the good news that we carry to the world. We don't have to live in sadness, darkness, despair, loneliness, or guilt. Our Savior, Jesus Christ, overcame those things for us. He suffered so we don't need to suffer alone. It is never too late to change.
I love you all. :) I know a lot of you are counting down... but I still have a lot to learn before I come home. I have learned more in the last 3 months than I have my whole mission and I have another 3 months to learn even more.
Sincerely,

Sister Rodda

No comments:

Post a Comment